Since 2000, the Kalispel Tribe has donated approximatley $1 million annually to our local community. The Kalispel Tribe believes in being a strong community partner and strives to achieve that through its commitment to supporting its neighbors. The Charitable Fund was established to support the work of the numerous non-profit organizations of Spokane and Pend Oreille counties. The organizations the Tribe supports are pursuing the same goals as the Kalispel Tribe, as we all work to better the lives of our future generations.
Application Guidelines – How to Apply
Auction or Raffle Item Only:
Application must be submitted at least 90 days prior to your event for consideration. Note: If you are requesting an auction or raffle item in addition to other funding, please include it in your annual comprehensive request (see guidelines below).
Program Support and/or Event Support:
- There are two funding cycles each year, one in April and one in October.
- Applications are due by midnight on October 1st or April 1st.
- Only one comprehensive application for funding may be submitted in a 12-month period (Oct 1st-Sept 30th) per organization.
- If you are requesting funding for an event that will occur in October or April, you must apply for the funding cycle prior to the month your event is being held (e.g., If your event is October 15th, apply in the April funding cycle to ensure review of your application prior to the date of your event.).
- IMPORTANT: Submission form is not compatible with Google Chrome. Please use an alternative web browser to submit.
- Requests must be submitted using our online application form below with no exceptions.
- Requests must be from a non-profit organization registered with the State of Washington.
- Proof of being a non-profit organization registered with the State of Washington (UBI number) must be attached to the application.
- Requests from a third party are not accepted.
- Request for funding teams and individuals are excluded.
- If additional space is needed on your application, please attach that information under “additional attachments” at the bottom of the application.
Since 2000, the Kalispel Tribe has partnered with over 300 local non-profits in Spokane and Pend Oreille Counties, and has charitable partners in a variety of areas, including social services, healthcare, education, arts & culture and the environment. Some of those organizations share their thoughts about the Tribe’s positive impact below.
Ronald McDonald House Charities – Inland Northwest
Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Inland Northwest is celebrating 30 years of service to the Spokane regional community. The Kalispel Tribe of Indians is a proud corporate sponsor of this organization, which serves more than 1,000 families each year in our region who have an ill or injured child. We hope you’ll join us in supporting this important charity by donating, volunteering, or even preparing a meal for the families.
Vitalant -Spokane, Washington
Vitalant saves lives by providing blood and services to support transfusion and transplantation medicine in the Inland Northwest. The blood generously donated is used for people with various medical needs that result from accidents, surgery, and cancer.
“The impact of the Kalispel Tribe of Indians charitable giving on the women and children served by the YWCA of Spokane has been extraordinary. Annually, the YWCA provides services to nearly 16,000 women and children experiencing domestic violence, homelessness and unemployment.
Our long-term partnership with the Tribe has enabled us to complete the main facility where our agency provides services, including the creation of a new home for the Spokane Family Justice Center. The Tribe’s support was also key in helping us renovate our 100-year-old Safe Shelter for victims of domestic violence. The renovation created private, more autonomous living spaces, reducing the stress of communal living inherent in a shelter environment.
Most importantly the Tribe’s on-going support has given us the ability to sustain the counseling, legal, shelter, and job-readiness services that so many women have come to rely on in moving from what is often the most traumatic moment in their life to a new life of hope, healing, and security.”-Regina Malveaux, CEO
Cusick Food Bank-Cusick, Washington
“In 2015, the food bank received funding from the Tribe to assist families in need in Cusick. The award enabled us to purchase a new large-capacity freezer, remodel the food staging area, purchase milk, and purchase hams for the Christmas boxes. The award also included gas cards to support trips into Spokane to pick up food donated by 2nd Harvest Food Bank. The food bank is volunteer-ran out of the basement of the Pend Oreille Bible Church and serves approximately 62 families each week. In March 2016 alone, we distributed more than 12,494 pounds of food.”-Gloria Williams, Cusick Food Bank Director
Newport Hospital and Health Services Foundation-Newport, Washington
“The Kalispel Tribe Charitable Fund has assisted the Newport Hospital and Health Services Foundation in giving back to children in Pend Oreille County through the weekly Healthy Kids Snack Bags program. Since 2012, the Tribe’s support for this program of $14,000 has provided well over 2,300 of the weekly snack bags for more than 190 children! Children receive three healthy snacks a day for seven days each week. That’s a healthy grain, a protein, a whole fresh fruit, and a container of 100% fruit juice for every day of the week. This program is unique because it provides more than just one weekends’ worth of food like other snack programs. The teachers and counselors at each school determine who receives the snack bags and consider a variety of factors when deciding which child might need the extra food.
Due to successful fundraising, the NHHS Foundation provides snack bags to elementary school children in Newport, Oldtown, Priest River, Priest Lake, the Kalispel Career Training Center, and Cusick. Since the Foundation expanded the deliveries, the overall fundraising goal has been sustainability. Support from Tribe has also earned the Foundation grant application credibility, resulting in additional funding from other grantors. The Kalispel Tribe is a respected key partner in Pend Oreille County and truly demonstrates kindness and generosity in their daily interactions, at local community gatherings, and within business relationships.” -Jenny Smith, Marketing and Foundation Director
- Academy for Precision Learning
- Adams Elementary PTSA
- APPLE Franklin Parent Committee
- Big Bend Community College Foundation
- College Success Foundation
- Corporation of Gonzaga University
- Creston Alumni Association
- District 17 Community Colleges of Spokane Foundation
- Eastern Washington University Foundation
- Ferris High School PTG
- Gonzaga Preparatory School Foundation of Spokane
- Invest ED
- Junior Achievement of the Inland NW
- Lewis & Clark High School Senior All Nighter
- Maws and Paws Booster Club
- Medical Lake High School Booster Club
- Mobius Spokane
- Moran Prairie Elementary
- NCHS Senior All-Nighter Parent Group
- Newport Alumni Association
- Newport Parent Co-Op Preschool
- North Wall Children’s Association
- Panther Pride Athletic Association
- Riverside Elementary PTO
- Riverside High School Senior All-Nighter
- Selkirk Alliance for Science
- Selkirk Community Scholarship Fund
- Spark Central
- Spokane HOPE
- Spokane Public Schools Foundation
- St. Charles School
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church
- Stone Soup Café – St. Andrew Episcopal Church
- Tonasket Athletic Booster Club
- Washington State University Foundation
- Hospice of Spokane
- Inland Northwest Blood Center (Blood Systems and/or Vitalant)
- Inland Northwest SIDS Foundation
- March of Dimes
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Newport Hospital and Health Services Foundation
- Providence Health Care Foundation Eastern Washington
- Spokane Guilds’ School and Neuromuscular Center
- The Rypien Foundation
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Inland Northwest
- Big Table
- Blessings Under the Bridge
- Boys and Girls Club of Snohomish County
- Boys and Girls Club of Spokane County
- By the Well Foundation (Christ Kitchen)
- Catholic Charities of Spokane
- Center for Justice
- Christian Outreach for Police and their Spouses
- Corbin Senior Activity Center
- Create Your Statement
- Cusick Community Develoment Association
- The Dan Fitzgerald Memorial Basketball Tournament
- Elevations: A Children’s Therapy Resource Foundation
- Embrace Washington
- Family Crisis Network
- The Fish & Chip Foundation
- Friends of Eastern State Hospital
- Gathering At The Falls
- Generation Alive
- Girls on the Run of Spokane County
- Girls Scouts of Eastern WA and Northern ID
- Has Beens and Gonna Bees
- Healing Lodge of the Seven Nations
- Inland Northwest Council Boy Scouts of America
- Leadership Spokane
- Life Services of Spokane
- Lutheran Community Services
- Make A Wish Alaska & Washington
- Marine Toys for Tots Foundation
- Mended Hearts of Spokane
- Mid-City Concerns (Meals on Wheels)
- Morning Star Boys Ranch
- New Hope Resource Center
- North East Community Center Association
- Northeast Youth Center
- Northwest Golfers for Warriors
- Northwest HVAC/R Associatin & Training Center
- Northwest North Pole Adventures
- Operation Spokane Heroes c/o Spokane Area Business Foundation
- Our Place Ministries
- Partners with Families and Children
- Planned Parenthood of Greater WA
- Project Beauty Share
- Project ID
- Re*Imagine Medical Lake
- Real Life Newport
- Rescue 4 All
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Inland Northwest
- Safety Net
- The Salvation Army (Spokane)
- Second Harvest Inland Northwest
- Young Life (SXNW Spokane Young Life)
- Spokane Alano Club
- Spokane American Youth Hockey Association
- Spokane C.O.P.S.
- Spokane County Search and Rescue
- Spokane County Sheriff Community Oriented Policing Efforts (S.C.O.P.E.)
- Spokane Eastside Reunion Association
- Spokane Edible Tree Project
- Spokane Guilds’ School Foundation
- Spokane NAACP Branch #1137
- Spokane Neighborhood Action Partners
- Spokane Parks Foundation
- Spokane Veterans Forum
- Spokane Youth Sports Association
- Teen Challenge International Pacific Northwest Centers
- Teen Closet
- The NATIVE Project
- Union Gospel Mission
- United Way of North Idaho
- United Way of Spokane County
- Vanessa Behan Crisis NurseryVolunteers of America (Crosswalk)
- Vorpahl Wing Charities
- West Central Community Development Association (Community Center)
- Wishing Star Foundation
- Women & Children’s Free Restaurant
- Women Helping Women Fund
- World Relief Spokane
- YMCA (Camp Reed)
- Young Life (Spokane YoungLives)
- Youth Emergency Services of Pend Oreille County
- Youth Outdoors Unlimited
- YWCA (Young Women’s Christian Association)
- American Legion Auxiliary Calispel Unit 217
- Angel Paws
- Chewelah Chamber of Commerce
- Inland Empire Brand 038, Fleet Reserve Association
- Innovia Foundation
- KXLY Community Partners Foundation – Christmas Wish
- KXLY Community Partners Foundation – Coats 4 Kids
- Master Gardener Foundation of Spokane County
- Newport Priest River Rotary Club