Are you an outgoing person that loves being center stage, and are looking for a career opportunity?
Then our intensive nine-week Blackjack Dealer Training Program might be just what you’re looking for. This program will prepare you for table games dealing at Northern Quest Resort & Casino – a career with base pay and tips averaging $20/hr.
We are always accepting applications for our Blackjack Dealer School. If you are interested in learning about the next available class please submit your application now. We will contact you via email approximately two months prior to beginning of the next class. If you’re still interested at that time we will administer your basic math test and interview.
“I love working here! I wouldn’t give it up for anything!”
– Leo T.
“Working for the Kalispel Tribe is the most valued I have ever felt.”
– Lindsay K.
“I am so proud to work where I work.”
– Leslie S.
Steps of Application:
- Application: Submit your application via “Apply Now” below, or in person to the Kalispel Tribe Human Resources Department located behind the parking garage at Northern Quest Resort & Casino (100 N. Hayford Rd. Airway Heights, WA 99001). Please fill out your application completely, and once we receive it we will contact you via email with information about the next tentatively scheduled class.
- Basic Math Test/Interview: Prior to a class starting, we will contact you to set up an interview and math test. The math test is a 20-minute timed test, and to pass you must score 80% or higher. If for some reason you do not pass you will have the opportunity to re-take the test one additional time, however you will have to wait one business day for your second opportunity. You will be able to look at the questions you missed, but you will not be allowed to take a printout home. You will be interviewed once you pass the test.
- Acceptance/Non-Acceptance: Whether you are accepted or not, you will be contacted via email at the end of interviewing all candidates.
Blackjack Dealer Training Program Frequently Asked Questions
You must pass a timed basic math test and an interview to be accepted.
The cost of tuition for the Blackjack Dealer Training Program is $250. A $50 deposit is required to reserve your place in the class, and is due one week prior to the class start date. The remaining tuition is payable in two payments of $100 each. Payments must be made by Cashier’s Check or Money Order and are due the first and fifth Monday of the class.
Classes are Monday through Thursday, 3.5 hours a day for nine weeks.
Four weeks through the program you will audition, and if you are successful you will be oered a job at that time. Most openings are usually part time or on call to start. You will then complete the remaining weeks of the program, and your job as a Dealer will be contingent on successful completion of all pre-employment and class requirements.
Gaming licensing will be your responsibility if Northern Quest hires you. The cost varies from $204 to $266 in the State of Washington.
If selected to attend our training program, you will be trained to deal Blackjack, Spanish 21, Three Card Poker, Pai-Gow Poker and Ultimate Texas Hold’em.
• Constantly requires the ability to give and receive detailed information through verbal communication.
• Constantly requires working with fingers rather than the whole hand or arm.
• Constantly requires repetitive movement of the wrist, hands and/or fingers.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Constantly requires standing and/or sitting for sustained periods of time.
• Constantly requires verbally expressing or exchanging ideas of important instructions accurately, loudly and quickly.
Yes, this includes Marijuana, too.